Your mattress plays an essential role in your life and in your overall health, and it’s important to make sure it’s working in your favor. Though it may be tempting to believe you and your mattress will be together forever, eventually every mattress must be replaced. Most mattresses will need to be replaced after 7-10 years, or even sooner if you’re experiencing discomfort or disturbances during sleep, or your mattress is showing obvious signs of sagging or other wear-and-tear.
Replacing your old mattress can increase your comfort levels, sleep quality, and overall health. Need a little more encouragement to make 2021 the year you say "buh-bye" to your old bed? Here are 6 reasons you should consider upgrading your mattress this year.
6 reasons you should consider upgrading your mattress this year
- The quality of your sleep plays a huge role in your overall health, so it makes sense to invest in a mattress that will give you the best sleep possible. If your mattress is worn out, too small, or just plain uncomfortable, your sleep will suffer. And after all, what’s more precious than good health?
- You spend about a third of your life on your mattress. If you’re like most people, you spend around 7-9 hours each night on your mattress, or even more if you like to lounge in bed reading or watching movies. It just makes sense to spend all that time on a mattress that fits your needs, rather than one that doesn’t.
- A good mattress is an investment that will last for years to come. A good mattress will last you between 7-10 years. Considering that we spend an average of 8 hours in bed every night, that adds up to a lot of time spent on that one single mattress! Shouldn’t the place you spend that much time be as comfortable as possible?
- Old, overworked mattresses are plain uncomfortable. Think about your current sleeping situation. Are you comfortable? Are you excited to sink into bed at night? Do you wake up with aches and pains? Sometimes we get so used to our current situation that our persistent discomfort and pain becomes our new normal. But it doesn’t have to be this way! You can have the comfortable sleep of your dreams-- you just have to choose the right mattress for you.
- Your sleep situation has changed, and therefore so has your ideal mattress. Consider how your life has changed since the last time you upgraded your mattress. Has your body shape or size changed? Has your family grown, causing there to be an extra person or two tucked in with you at night? What about any major injuries? Sometimes we forget that we too change, and as we do, our ideal mattress changes with us.
- There’s nothing quite like having a bed you love. Your bed is a special place. It’s about sleep, yes, but it's also a lot of other things. It's your place to go to relax, to spend time with your loved ones, and to switch off and renew after a long and hard day. A place that important deserves the comfiest, coziest mattress possible.
If your mattress is old or uncomfortable, your sleep, overall health, and quality of life are likely not going to be as good as they could be. It's important to check in with the state of your mattress on a regular basis to see if it's supporting you, or working against you. If you’re finding that you’re just not comfortable anymore, or are not getting the best sleep you can, it might be time to reevaluate. If you find that you do need a new mattress, visit one of Sleep First’s locations, where our sleep experts will be glad to talk through your needs and guide you towards the best mattress for you!
You can book a private, contact-free shopping appointment here. Questions? Please feel free to reach out to our team who can guide you in the right direction by calling or chatting with us by clicking the messenger icon at the bottom of the screen!