You’ve probably heard about the benefits of massage therapy. They can help relieve stress, boost your mood, soothe muscle soreness and tension and even improve immunity and blood flow (things we could all use more of, right!?).
But have you heard about the benefits of massage chairs? Massage chairs offer you all the benefits of massage therapy, right from your own home. In fact, studies show that sitting in a massage chair for just 40 minutes a day can help relieve sore muscles, stressful thought patterns, fatigue and overall stress levels.
The similarities between massage therapists and massage chairs are clear, but what are their main differences? Beyond the most obvious difference of one being a human and the other being a machine, there are some pretty key differences to consider when deciding which is right for you. Let’s break it down!
- Cost differences. When you compare the cost of a massage chair with the cost of regular visits to a massage therapist, you’ll find that the “cost per massage” is much lower with a massage chair. Moreover, a massage chair is a one-time, up-front cost, rather than the ongoing expense of a therapist. Additionally, you may be able to get financing for your massage chair, which is not often available for in- person massage therapy sessions.
- Travel time. This one is pretty simple. When you go for a massage therapy session, you have to factor in the time and cost it takes to travel to the session. With a massage chair, all you have to do is walk into your living room.
- Productivity. When you go in for a massage therapy appointment, all you can really do is lay there and get massaged. But when you use your in-home massage chair, you’re free to do as you wish! You can watch television, take a phone call, scroll social media, read a book, or finish that work you’ve been meaning to do-- the possibilities are truly endless, and your massage doesn’t have to interfere with your other desires and responsibilities.
- Convenience and reliability. With massage therapy, you can only go when appointments are available. With massage chairs, you can get a massage whenever! You aren’t dependent on the schedule of your massage therapist, and your massage chair is always available. And when things happen in the world that cause spas and massage therapy offices to close, your massage chair is still always open.
- Warranty. With massage therapists, if your massage is bad, you’re pretty much out of luck. But with massage chairs, you’re covered! At Sleep First, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you’re not crazy in love with your massage chair, you have a full 30 days to change your mind! We also offer a free 5 Year Full Replacement Warranty-- other stores charge up to $250 for this, but we’ve got your back.
Of course, you don’t have to choose between massage chairs and in-person massages, and many people enjoy both! But when it comes to convenience and cost-effectiveness, massage chairs truly cannot be beat.
Like what you’re reading? Come try one out in store! With our signature zero pressure shopping experience, you can rest assured that the entire experience will be stress free.. We’re passionate about serving your needs rather than forcing you into something you don’t want, and that applies to mattress chairs too. We promise to always take the time to listen to your needs and find the right chair for you, so you can walk away knowing you made the right choice.
When you're in the store (or online) shopping around, lots more questions might come up (that's another reason why it's helpful to talk with an expert!). We know a massage chair is an important investment, so don't be shy in asking anything that comes to mind.
Curious about a specific chair? Need help deciding between chairs? Feel free to call, email or click the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen-- we're here for you! You can also book a private, contact-free shopping appointment here!